Pages

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Why is matariki important

Why is Matariki important?

 Matariki is the Māori New Year and it's time we remember people who passed away and the seven sisters.

 Firstly we remember those in our family who have passed away.
We celebrate all the happy times we spent with our families.

 Secondly if they achieve their goals they set themselves new goals that they need to work on. Over the next year they try to achieve them.

 Lastly the seven sister make Matariki important they all are different and they have different roles. They all have different jobs and when we see them we are reminded to do what they do.

 The reason for Matariki being important is to celebrate the beginning of Māori New Year and they remember people who passed on. By Lui

8 comments:

  1. Talofa Lui,
    I like how you made this and though of this it's ready good to see but if you want you could add some more of get some picture in it and it just might sand out but i like how you explain why is matariki is important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lui,
    Thank you for explaining why Matariki is important. I like the detail you put into it, but maybe add a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hi Lui,
    I like how you have explained about why Matariki is important. You have put an amount of effort into this work great job. Next time can you please put an image to go with this just to make the writing stand out. Over all great job and keep up the great work.
    Kind regards Moni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lui it's Jeff from your rugby team I really like your blog post beacuse it has you itslened it like and well done on getting 100 points for the U11's go hornby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hii Lui,
    I really enjoyed you writing on why Matariki is important I think you have explained why it is so important very well. I liked how you have a lot of information and i can tell that you have tried your best on this piece of writing. Maybe next time you could add some picture to make it stand out a bit more, other than that keep up the good work.
    Tali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tali for the comment but we weren't aloud to add pictures

      Delete
  7. Talofa Lui I like your work about matariki my favorite part was the seven sister keep up the hard work my uso

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.